Employment Type: Full Time – Salary
Business Unit: United Engineering
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Reporting to: Project Manager
Wage Range: TBD based on skills and experience of applicant
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, overtime as required
Work Setting: Manufacture, Industrial
Number of Vacancies: 1
United Engineering, a Ralmax Group of Companies, has an exciting and immediate opening for a Junior Project Manager in Victoria. This position is responsible for assisting senior project managers with supporting production requirements, creation of detail fabrication drawing, estimation, project management and customer service. Reporting to the Project Manager, the Junior Project Manager is to also assists in maintaining safety, environmental, and quality programs.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Great company culture
- Assist senior project managers to support general production requirements.
- Assist senior project managers in creation of detail fabrication drawings for ongoing projects.
- Receive and review customer inquiries and determine project requirements.
- Perform material take-offs and labour estimates required to meet project requirements.
- Draft and submit proposal letters in response to customer inquiries.
- Receive customer orders, procure materials and services required to meet project requirements.
- Create technical documentation (calculations, drawings, instructions, planned sequences etc.) as required to communicate project requirements to production.
- Review completed job sheets and submit invoice instructions to accounting.
- Assist in maintaining ISO 45001 Safety, ISO 14001 Environmental and ISO 9001 Quality programs.
- Assist in maintaining ASME U-Certification QC program.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- Work experience in steel fabrication industry an asset.
- Understanding of fabrication, welding and machining processes an asset.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD, Inventor, MS Office suite, specifically Excel, Word, Outlook;
- Understanding of the fundamentals of structural and equipment design;
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy;
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
- Proven positive interpersonal skills;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
- Proactive problem-solver;
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time
- Travel to off-site locations is required
- Overtime as required
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots.
- Work both indoors and outdoors
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and cultures to join our team (including self-identifying Indigenous, status, non-status, Metis, and Inuit and non-Indigenous cultures). If you have any questions regarding this position or applying for the position, please reach out and email us at: email@example.com. We want to support all applicants during this process.
Submission Deadline: Open until filled
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are looking forward to connecting with you!