Employment Type: Full Time – Salary
Business Unit: United Engineering
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Reporting to: Project Manager
Wage Range: Competitive salary based on skills and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, overtime as required
Work Setting: Manufacture, Industrial
Number of Vacancies: 1
United Engineering, a Ralmax Group of Companies, has an exciting and immediate opening for a Project Manager in Victoria. This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Reporting to the General Manager, the Project Manager is to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of specific projects.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Great company culture
- Production Supervision and Support:
- Work cooperatively with other managers to support shop production requirements, training and certification of personnel, certification of equipment etc.
- Estimating/Project Management:
- Receive and review customer inquiries and determine project requirements.
- Perform material take-offs and labour estimates required to meet project requirements.
- Draft and submit proposal letters in response to customer inquiries.
- Receive customer orders, procure materials and services required to meet project requirements.
- Create technical documentation (calculations, drawings, instructions, planned sequences etc.) as required to communicate project requirements to production.
- Monitor production to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with customer requirements.
- Review completed job sheets and submit invoice instructions to accounting.
- Safety, Environmental and Quality Programs:
- Responsible for ensuring that production activities are conducted in accordance with UEL ISO 45001 Safety, ISO 14001 Environmental and ISO 9001/ASME Quality programs.
Education and Experience
- Technology Diploma in Mechanical/Civil Engineering or equivalent knowledge gained through experience or combination of education and experience.
- 5 years minimum work experience in steel fabrication/manufacturing/service industry.
- Understanding of fabrication, welding, machining, coatings and logistics processes.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD, Inventor, and MS Office suite, specifically Excel, Word, Outlook;
- Understanding of the fundamentals of structural and equipment design;
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy;
- High level of integrity and accountability;
- Proven positive interpersonal skills;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
- Proactive problem-solver;
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Travel to off-site locations is required
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots.
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and cultures to join our team (including self-identifying Indigenous, status, non-status, Metis, and Inuit and non-Indigenous cultures). If you have any questions regarding this position or applying for the position, please reach out and email us at: email@example.com. We want to support all applicants during this process.
Submission Deadline: Open until filled
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted