Employment Type: Full Time – Union
Business Unit: United Engineering
Location: Victoria, British Columbia
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Hours of Work: Up to 40 hours/week
Wage Rate: $22.07/hour
Work Setting: Manufacture
Number of Vacancies: 1
United Engineering Ltd. (a Ralmax Group Company) has an immediate opening for a full-time entry level Labourer at our steel fabrication plant in Sidney, British Columbia with a flexible work schedule – day or afternoon shifts range from Monday - Friday/ Tuesday - Saturday. Under general supervision performs unskilled and semi-skilled work in the steel fabrication industry; and performs related duties as required. Receives on-the-job training and in a reasonable length of time needs less supervision. We offer competitive wages and benefits package, professional development, and a dynamic company culture.
The Labourer is responsible for, although not limited to:
- Performs general maintenance on equipment
- Adds and maintains coolant to machine reservoirs
- Maintains and checks coolant levels to all department machines
- Cleans around work areas
- Delivers parts and or materials to work areas as required
- Performs other tasks as directed by management
- Adhering and comprehension of prescribed safety procedures pertaining to both federal/provincial rules and regulations.
- Assemble temporary equipment and containments on structures
- Operation of hand and power tools and willingness to learn how to operate various types of equipment and machinery.
- Ability to operate overhead cranes
- Cleaning & fueling of shop service vehicles
- Assist trades people with their tasks when required
- Prime paint completed steel components prior to shipment to site or customer pickup
- Empty scrap bins and refuse containers
- Perform moderately heavy physical labor under all types of outdoor weather conditions.
- Follow oral and written instructions; record and maintain accurate records.
- Learn and follow safety rules; learn to operate a forklift.
Education and Experience
- Valid class 5 BC drivers' license.
- Ability to pass screen testing/security clearance.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Knowledge and understanding of OHS, WCB regulations and legislation.
- Physically fit and capable of lifting/carrying up to 80lbs.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work well with others and independently
- Ability to maintain a reliable and positive team attitude
- Willingness to learn various types of equipment and machinery
- Strong work ethic and the willingness to show up and learn
- Physical ability to lift up at least 50lbs
- Travel to off-site locations may be required
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and cultures to join our team (including self-identifying Indigenous, status, non-status, Metis, and Inuit and non-Indigenous cultures). If you have any questions regarding this position or applying for the position, please reach out and email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to support all applicants during this process. We encourage all indigenous candidates to self identify during the application process.
Submission Deadline: Open until filled
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are looking forward to connecting with you!